- About HAC
- Volunteer Program
- How to Get Involved
- Contact Us
About HAC- Haiti
The Haitian American Caucus (HAC) Haiti seeks to empower our local community in Croix des Bouquets, Haiti with the tools, knowledge and resources to not only help their families but also contribute to the development of their country. Our programs are aimed not only to help to rebuild Haiti, but to provide the people of Haiti with long term, self sufficient resources through the education and skills that they need to improve their current situation and the lives of their families now and in the future.
HAC-Haiti's primary mission is to mobilize the community by focusing on community involvement as a vital element for Haiti's future development.
We are accepting applicants for an immediate start date.
We are looking for a long-term commitment (3 months or longer)
Airfare to and from Haiti not included
To apply for any of the positions please send a Cover Letter and Resume to:
Laura Papuga email@example.com
Samuel Darguin: firstname.lastname@example.org
HAC-Haiti is looking to bring on a full-time Fundraising Manager to lead the organization's fundraising efforts along with the Executive Directors. Fundraising for our community development organization in Haiti, includes researching and applying for foundation funding, government contracts, grassroots fundraising efforts and expanding and marketing our local income-generating projects. This position is based in our offices in Croix des Bouquets- Haiti.
Responsibilities of the staff person will be:
• Create and Coordinate a Fundraising Team of previous and new volunteers
• Plan and run fundraising meetings and create work plans
• Lead and implement foundation, government and grassroots fundraising strategies
• Represent the organization for fundraising purposes
• Supervise grant writers and development volunteers and interns
• Work with Executive Directors & Fundraising Team to identify new institutional fundraising leads
• Manage application and reporting deadlines to ensure organization meets all requirements for grants and contracts
• Work with Executive Director & Fundraising Team to implement fundraising framework and priorities
We are looking for someone who has:
- Development/fundraising experience
- Experience supervising staff and coordinating teams and events
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage a large body of work, attending to both details and the bigger picture.
- Proficiency in basic computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, databases
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work well with others, as well as independently.
- Experience in a developing country is preferred
Finance and Accounting Volunteer
HAC-Haiti is seeking a volunteer accountant to assist with maintaining records using Quickbooks, ensuring legal compliance, creating and reviewing budgets for program planning and grant applications. The Accountant will provide guidance and advice to program planners and assist with creating quarterly and annual statements for the Executive directors, donors, and partner organizations. The Accountant will review progress of fundraising campaigns, track and review organizational expenditures, and forecasting. The Accountant is also responsible for tracking donations, sales, receipts for the organization and maintaining finances for the volunteer, internship, and university program.
- Bachelors Degree required- Major in Business, Finance or Accounting requested
- Computer Skills: Experience with Quickbooks, accounting software, and fundraising and donation management software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Responsibility and efficiency
- Inventive and mission-driven
- Experience in a developing country or in working for a non-profit organization
Grant Writer- Haiti
The Grant Writer will report to the Executive Directors and Fundraising Director and will be responsible for help to achieve annual funding goals. Specifically, the Grant Writer will research and write grant applications with the Executive Directors on behalf of the organization. This position is based in our offices in Croix des Bouquets- Haiti.
The Grant Writer will:
- Research funding opportunities
- Write grants for opportunities already identified
- Work with the fundraising manager to develop a short and long-term grant strategy
- Work with the Executive Directors to execute the grant strategy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Previous Grant Writing Experience
- Detail oriented, highly organized, shows initiative
- Service-oriented, flexible, patient, enthusiastic, confident
- Professional in writing and speaking
- Proficient in Computers and fundraising software
- Hard working, driven, self-starter, flexible, ability to work independently
- Believe in the mission of the Haitian American Caucus- Haiti and be able to community the mission on the organization's behalf
Marketing and Communications Manager
HAC's Marketing and Communications Manager will have the exciting and challenging focus of telling the story of the people of Croix des Bouquets and how HAC is working alongside them for the development of the economy, educational system, and community. The communication manager will employ various social mediums to increase the awareness of HAC-Haiti in the international community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create a weekly newsletter for volunteers and donors
- Utilize social media to document activities occurring at HAC-Haiti
- Take photos and update the website on activities occurring at HAC-Haiti
- Draft website content
- Create write ups of each program and initiative occurring at HAC-Haiti
- Collect success stories from HAC-Haiti program participants
- Maintain blog
- Create brochures, flyers, posters, and pamphlets
- Plan events and fundraisers
- Help fundraising department as needed